Neptun recently evaluated of their most popular products and made the decision to improve it by making it local. It goes without saying that “SUPPORTING LOCAL PROVIDES JOBS AND STIMULATES THE LOCAL ECONOMY” 😊
Have a closer look at the new design of the Safelite range:
- Collar is padded for extra comfort and protection
- The sole has a unique design to prevent sole failure or tearing
- Rear and side ankle reflective
- Expanded dual density midsole and abrasive resistant dual density outsole
- 2mm Split Cow leather with Barton print made from locally sourced leather
- The Safelite range is 100% metal free
- Composite toe cap
What is split bovine leather?
Split leather is leather (also known as hide) that is split into two or three layers, depending on the thickness of the skin. GRAIN leather is the top part (outer) and SUEDE or SPLIT LEATHER the bottom part (inner).
The split leather is then laminated and embossed with a grain pattern creating a ‘full grain’ leather look.
What is a CTC?
Composite toe caps are not only lighter than steel toe caps, but are also metal free and therefore do not conduct electricity. The materials used for CTC’s are usually fiberglass, carbon fiber, kevlar etc.
Why should one buy the Safelite?
Besides the fact that it is a reinforced and newly designed range with more durability – it is Lekker LOCAL!!